Identity or in other words what do you identify with? What do you allow in your life?
Whatever you identify with or allow is your identity.
Do you identify with sin or godliness, imperfection or perfection, do you allow sin or imperfection to run rampant or unchecked, do you allow it to exist in the background?
Does pride ever fill your heart, or lust catch your eye? Do you find you have prejudice towards a person, a person you don’t like, or you tell little lies to get you out of trouble?
Everything that you identify with that is not of Christ is not of your new life and it must go, it sticks like mud and stinks like Lazarus death clothes. Don’t identify with it, identify with God. God has given you His life, His perfect life, anything else is sin.
When you really study the human condition there is not really much to it, there is not much that actually goes on upstairs. Watch peoples conversations, watch your own brains interests, you will find it is a very simple being that you are to overcome.
Jesus says in the book of revelation….
- Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God: and I will write on him my new name
- To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
- He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit said to the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the middle of the paradise of God.
- He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit said to the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows saving he that receives it.
- He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
- And he that overcomes, and keeps my works to the end, to him will I give power over the nations
- He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son
So there is something to overcome, what is it? I believe its everything that is not light and love.
Who is that person in the world who you don’t like? Do you still love them? Do you forgive them? Well you better get your heart right because that is sin, you need to pray for their blessing right now.
I’m not saying pray that God would bless their evil ways, of course you don’t have to pray that God blesses their sin or pride, rather there are blessings of light you can pray, like for wisdom, repentance, deliverance, blessings from God’s kingdom that they may need, whatever it is… your heart needs to pour out love towards them, or you are just self righteous and need to repent, for your sin is blocking God.
What is your soul? Your soul is A + B + C its the make up of your whole being, the sum total of all the parts, you will not prosper with God if you don’t align yourself with Him.
So check your love, are you walking with perfect love towards everyone? Check your light are you walking with perfect righteousness towards all people or are you trespassing on their life in either thought or deed?
You are a new creation in Christ, as He is so are you, don’t leave your death clothes on, identify only with perfect love and light, not love by itself and not light by itself, but the two combined, one without the other always causes death.
Overcome this body of death and enemy that seeks to find every place in it.
What do you identify with or allow?